Salmon with Blackberry Sauce & Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
|A Northwest Dinner|
SALMON & BLACKBERRY SAUCE
Salmon (16 oz)
Blackberries (1 cup)
|Grill asparagus and salmon simultaneously|
Balsamic Vinegar (1/2 cup)
Rice Vinegar (1/2 cup)
Honey (1 tbsp.)
(1) Boil water (1 cup) and blackberries (1 cup) for about five minutes and bubble on low for 15 more minutes.
(2) Add honey (1 tbsp) and both vinegars (1 cup total). Stir until mixed. Boil at a low heat for another 20 minutes or until the mixture is reduced by half and thick. Sprinkle sea salt to taste.
(3) Once sauce is almost done, spray a grill or fish grilling pan (shown below) with cooking spray and pre-heat on high.
(3.5) Start Asparagus [SEE BELOW]
(4) Place salmon skin side down on grill and cook on high until 1/2 to 2/3 cooked through. Flip and place pink side down until cooked throughout and easily flakes.* In total, this should take about 25 to 35 minutes but it is best to cook fish on a case by case basis.
(5) Slice salmon into four pieces (4 oz each), drizzle blackberry sauce on top and garnish with blackberries (if you haven't eaten them all already!).
*Mom, thank you for helping me perfect salmon cooking.
BACON WRAPPED ASPARAGUS
Asparagus, fresh (12 stalks)
Turkey Bacon (4 slices)
Garlic Powder / Any seasoning
(1) Place clean asparagus on a wax paper sheet and cover with cooking spray. Sprinkle garlic powder or any other spice of your choosing (Old Bay is good with seafood). Roll them over, spray and season again.
(2) Take bundles of three asparagus spears and wrap them with one piece of bacon.
(3) Place on grill for about 20 minutes or until bacon starts to crisp. Flip them so that the other side of the asparagus and bacon is also cooked and leave them grilling for another 10-15 minutes or until asparagus is tender and bacon is crisp and serve 'em up!* Put these on the grill AT THE SAME TIME as the Salmon.
*Be careful the bacon drippings don't start a fire on your grill (sorry Mom).
FULL MEAL DEAL