|#1 Almond Cookies|
This delightful cookie also has superpowers!!! Inspired by my friend Bethany's gluten-free peanut butter cookies, the #1 Almond Cookie will keep you chugging along through a tough day or melt in your mouth as a divine dessert (check out their low-carb and gluten free status below). I eat them after a long run because they help give me a great protein boost and are packed with the calcium and iron my body needs when it's working hard. If you are one of those people that has a spoonful of peanut butter or almond butter from time to time as a snack, think of these as the mobile and less messy version.
Why not fuel your body with nutrients while you indulge? Makes sense to me!
Almond Butter* (1 cup)
Splenda Brown Sugar Blend (1/2 cup)
Vanilla Extract (2 tsp. or to taste)
Egg (1) or Egg substitute (1/4 cup)
(1) Preheat oven to 350F
(2) Mix all ingredients together until smooth
(3) Refrigerate mixture for 10-15 minutes
(4) Roll tablespoon sized balls and place them on un-greesed baking sheet
(5) Make criss crosses by smashing a fork into the balls
(6) Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops of cookies are starting to turn golden
(7) After cookies cool for about five minutes remove from baking sheet and place on plate or wire rack to avoid over cooking
Calories: 100 (per cookie)