Friday, August 26, 2011
Salmon Noodle Oodles
This is so simple it's criminal. I adapted this from a Hungry Girl episode I recently watched on the Food Network. My mother approved (that is huge) and friends have exclaimed how amazing it is because it is a five minute meal that is perfect for a pre-workout meal, especially softball games, because it is light yet packed with protein. If you have trouble filling up on low-cal meals, try this one, because it is a serious amount of food for 162 calories.... Enjoy!!!
Mushrooms, sliced (1 cup)
98% Fat Free Cream of Celery Soup (1 can)
Shirataki Noodles, drained and dried (8oz package)
Salmon, drained (1 pouch/can aprox. 5-6oz)
Green Onions, chopped (2 stalks)
Salt & Pepper
(1) Cover skillet with cooking spray and add mushrooms. Sprinkle with garlic powder and saute on high until mushrooms are tender.
(2) Turn heat down to medium. Add cream of mushroom soup and stir with mushrooms.
(3) Drain, rinse and thoroughly dry noodles. Take paper towels and press over noodles to completely absorb all of the moisture that they have retained.
(4) Add noodles to skillet. Salt & Pepper to taste.
(5) Drain salmon and add to skillet on top of noodles. Let sit for a few moments while chopping green onions.
(6) Stir altogether and turn heat up to medium-high and cook until hot, serve into bowls and top with green onions and course black peer and then dig in!